[Advaita-l] Re: Proper worship in Shankara's tradition

nageshwar subramanyam saswara at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 13:28:27 CST 2006

Namaskram  Sri Chakradhar ,

Dear Sir  for devi ,and panchayatana devi is one of the diety in panchayatana for all gods there is Avarana Puja .Due to time or laziness people have not introduced if you see old people they do .for Shiva  11 AVarana ,Devi 9,Surya 12, Vishnu 8,,Ganapati 8.
so If you have more doubts you can email me again .
Thx for giving me this oppurtunity .
Thx
Nagesh

"N R, Chakradhar (Chakradhar)" <nrchakradhar at lucent.com> wrote:  Dear Members,
I have a related question to the one raised by Subramanian V.
"Avarana puja" is found as part of pujas performed for certain deities,
the most famous being the 'Nava-avarana puja' associated with Sri Chakra
puja.
This "avarana" was mentioned by Prof V.K. in his Digests on Soundaryalahari.

In the panchayatana puja is there a mention of "avarana puja"?
Has Sri Shankaracharya commented on the "avarana puja" in any of his
works/commentaries?
Does the "avarana puja" has advaitic significance?
Does the numbers like "pancha-avarana", "nava-avarana" etc for different
deities has
any significance?

Expecting thoughtful insights from the learned members of this group.

Humble pranams
N R Chakradhar

For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org

"There is enough for human's need on this earth but
   there is not enough for human's greed .

         Nageshwara Sastry