[Advaita-l] Budha & Advaita

Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi kaupeenavanta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 01:54:51 CST 2006

Namaste,

On 1/4/06, murali mohan <murali_mohan at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here are my doubts:
> When we assume that Shankara (or any other Hindu sage) and Buddha are
> enlightened beings, how can they talk about different realities when there
> is only one ultimate truth? Can we not equate Shoonya to Nirguna Brahman?

I cannot understand how shoonya canbe equated to Nirguna brahman.  Adi
Shankara  visited many holy places such as
Prayag,Haridwar,Hrishikesh,kashmir and other places, worshipped deities on
the way, and thus demonstrated that a knower of Nirguna brahman is not
devoid of devotion to Saguna brahman.

Ramana Maharshi did not ask his followers to follow Karma Kanda - not even
for laymen. His emphasis was purely on Vichara or self-enquiry for which
rituals are not necessary (by rituals I mean ceremonial worship as
prescribed in Vedas, not day-to-day activities).

I don'nt about Ramana, but since he did not advocate Karma kanda does it
mean the Vedic Sanction on Sacrifices is at stake?

Here I would agree with Jaldhar with his understandings and also of that of
Sanjay.

Please go through the observations what His Holiness the 36Th peethadhipati
of Kanchi kamakoti peetham has observed with the Sacrifices.

http://kamakoti.org/hindudharma/part5/chap23.htm

Regards.

Prasad Kadambi

--
sada shiva samarambham Shankaracharya madhyamam !

asmadacharya paryantham vande guru paramparam !!