[Advaita-l] Question

savithri devaraj savithri_devaraj at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 13:46:03 CST 2006

Namaste,

I would appreciate any help on this question from the
list members.

Our balavihar class this past Sunday was all about
Sun, uttarAyana, Sankranthi, etc. A question came up
as we were discussing the names of Sun god - What is
the story behind Sun being called Aditya?

All I know is that Aditi and Sage Kasyapa were parents
to all life forms including the 12 adityas. I believe
there must be more details to this either in the vedas
or the purANas. I appreciate any help.

[Hope it is within the scope of the list?]
Thanks in advance,
Savithri