[Advaita-l] New Member: Sri K L Narayanan

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:59:12 CST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: K L Narayanan <kollengodenarayanan at gmail.com>
Date: Jan 20, 2006 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: Please Send Your Introduction to Join Advaita-L
To: Ravisankar Mayavaram <abhayambika at gmail.com>

Thank you for your response. I give below a brief introduction about myself.

 My name is Kollengode L Narayanan. I am 64 years old. I have now
retired from service - I was Vice President of ITC Ltd - Agribusiness
Division. I am a Professional Consulting Engineer and am associated
with a few companies on consulting assignments. I live now in
Bangalore, Malleswaram.

 Our family hails from Coimbatore. A couple of generations ago my
ancestors used to live in Kollengode in Kerala. I had my early
schooling in Coimbatore and Undergraduate education in Vivekananda
College, Madras. Subsequently I spent a decade in UK and Germany for
higher studies and employment. I returned to India in 1970.

 I have had formal tutoring in Vedas and Upanishads when young. In our
family we have been performing the Siva Panchayatana Puja for over 110
years. I have an abiding interest in the Vedas, vedic rituals and in
the Advaita Philosophy. Our family has been quite keenly associated
with various religious institutions. My father until he died about 5
years ago was actively associated with the Sringeri Sarada Peetam and
its activities in Coimbatore. I came upon this site quite accidentally
while searching for some information on the internet. I, thought it
would be a good idea to exchange views with people of similar interest
and to gain a better understanding of some of the things that we do or
we don't!!

 Hope this brief introduction about myself would suffice.

 Best regards

 K.L.Narayanan