[Advaita-l] GITA - 2.22

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:47:43 CST 2006

> Here gItAchArya uses the word "dehI" instead of
> "AtmA". Is this use intentional or un-intentional?
> Reason for my doubt is this - If self is said to be
> changeless without any vikaara, how can it
> re-incarnate? "dehI" here would fit more aptly with
> sukshma sharira or karana sharira rather than the
> usual meaning of "self".

I think dehi is used in the sense that the jIvAtma is the adhidevata of deha
(human body), i.e., it is the cetana in the body. Also SrI krShNa in the
10th chapter (vibhUti yoga) refers that He (pramAtma) is the cetana in
bodies. So probably the one Atma is said here to be the adhiShTAna in the
body. Sorry for rambling.

Abhishek

--
bhava Sankara deSika me saraNam

sadASiva samArambham SankaracArya madhymam
asmadAcArya paryantam vande guru paramparam