[Advaita-l] Guru Worship

Lakshmi Muthuswamy lakmuthu at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 00:50:54 CDT 2006

Namaste Sundaresanji,

Very well said by you. We do not prAmANa for bhakti and shraddha in the guru or AchArya.

It is only in some of the Asian countries that this value is taught and lived from childhood.

One samskritam word AchArya-upAsanam, vidhivadupasannah etc can explain the whole ritualsitic process.

This is the beauty of the sanskrit language and the scriptures.

Utterance of these very words creates reverence in the person.

For a person with Indian cultural background and upbringing, some of these values are  imbibed as part of parcel our growth. They need not be explained in detail we recognise undertsand and simply accept.

We dont question them we learn from our elders.

om namo narayanaya

Lakshmi Muthuswamy