[Advaita-l] What can we do?

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 00:43:54 CDT 2006

||hari om||

In the wake of events like the one that rocked
Mumbai yesterday, what can we do?
Does our understanding of veda-s, yoga, vedanta, ..
have any solutions to offer? Here is something
very humble that we can do:

Observations:
1. Clearly negative tattva's are at work in
current times. In response to this we need to
invoke tattvas that can combat these asuric
tattva-s.
2. But this is not enough, we need to also consider
what fuels ANY asuric tattva in the first place
that it grows so strong to wreak so much havoc.
Probably, it is the continued breach of dharma in
normal times, and resulting anger, frustration within
the minds of dharma oriented souls that fuels these
negative tattva-s. Thus there is a need to
continuously invoke tattva that will combat all
prevailing adharma in the first place. There is also
a need to invoke tattva-s to shorten the time constant
involved in providing negative feedback
to the acts that are against adharma, so that these
tendencies can be corrected with relatively mild
consequences. (And not wait for the negative
feedback to build into some thing very devastative).
3. And most importantly, offer these acts of
upAsana of the dharma upholding tattva-s to yajna
puruSa, mahA viSNu (or any other dharma upholding
deity). (Do not keep the karma associated with this
upAsanA within your ahamkAra).

May sadguru bless this simple upAsanA with success.

Remember: Only embodied beings are capable of karma
and hence, any corrective upAsanA. Yet, karma phala
is not in the domain of an embodied being.

||hari om||