[Advaita-l] Re: A REQUEST FOR GUIDANCE.

Lakshmi Muthuswamy lakmuthu at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 12:05:26 CDT 2006

Namaste,

  I think as students we are more concerned and judgemental about how a "TEACHER SHOULD BE" rather than what and how he is teaching. We have fixed ideas about the teachers. We want them to fit into our structure of thinking and our ideals.

   If the teacher is able to unfold the shastras without deviating, why should a student bother about other personal factors of the teacher.

  It will be worthy to look and take stock  "how good am I as a student." Assess my shraddha and the eagerness to learn and assimilate.

  There is a saying that 'nadi mUlam and rishi mUlam should never be analysed.'

  We must also remember, the teacher is a human being just like any of us. He has also got this janma, to exhaust his punya and papas. If his punya is getting exhausted,  well, he will go by a cadillac and stay in five star luxury. Can anyone stop this? No way. His prarabdha is such.

  So please focus your energies on learning and assimilation of the sastras rather than passing judgements on other's lifestyle.

  om namo narayanaya

  Lakshmi Muthuswamy