[Advaita-l] brahman

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:11:10 CDT 2006

Pranams Sastriji:

>> Pardon me if I say that you can understand these fundamental points only
after a study of texts like Panchadasi, Vivekachudamani, etc in depth.

I will do that but, in the meantime, if it pleases you, I would like some
help on my observations to your questions:

>> How can ISvara feature in the order of creation? Is he a created being?

Wasn't Krishna as Saguna Brahman "born" at a given point in time? I put the
word born in quotes since He chose to "wield his power"  and take birth out
of Devaki's womb. But does this mean that Krishna, Shiva, etc. exist as
Iswara and chose to act in certain ways? Is Iswara then one or many? And it
is still confounding for me to understand how they came to "exist" in the
first place.

Lastly, I would like to revert back to my original point on omniscience. As
per what you said, Iswara is omniscience as per Vedanta. Buddha was
considered the same. So was Mahavira. So was the kaivalya mukta of Samkhya.
If so, how is it that they differred in their view of reality? It this claim
justifiable?

Humble pranams, Mahesh