[Advaita-l] Re: institutionalization of religion

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:27:44 CDT 2006

Namaste,

On 7/27/06, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

> I'm no fan of the RSS but I don't think Elst is on the mark here.
> Secularists were willing to tolerate Hinduism when it was powerless,
> merely a picturesque decoration to bring in the tourists which would just
> wind down and eventually disappear.  But contrary to how they imagined, it
> is secular ideologies like communism and nationalism which are on the
> wane.  Now they are aware they have competition for hearts and minds and
> they will brook no rivals.

Ok, but there is the other side of the field: the Indian media
spreading slander and the foreign reporters innocently lapping it up.
As to your comments, that's all fine as far as "Prophetic" statements
go (I've heard them before). But, my question is, who will take the
effort of doing the dirty work and refuting our opposing parties?

Regards,
Abhishek
--
satyena dhAryate pR^ithvi satyena tapate raviH|
satyena vAti vAyushca sarvaM satye pratishThitam||

calA lakShmIshcalAH prANAshcalaM jIvita yauvanaM|
calAcale ca saMsAre dharma eko hi nishcalaH||