[Advaita-l] Sringeri and Kanchi - same incident?

B Shridhar kameshwarii at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 00:14:48 CDT 2006

When an incident takes place, some people are actual witness to the incident
who inturn convey this incident to others. In this case the person who
learnt the incident from others has narrated this incident. Does that mean
that the incident never occured ?
Further both the incidents did take place. The sringeri episode concerns the
diety's necklace and the kanchi incident concerns the necklace of a lady
devotee. Why cant both the incidents be true.
What anology are you trying to derive from these incidents? prove the kanchi
mutt is wrong and sringeri mutt is correct? why?
This site has devotees of both the mutts who are here to interact on the
principles of Advaita so let us concentrate on the philosophy rather than
hurting each other's sentiments.

B Shridhar