[Advaita-l] discussion about panchayatan puja

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 22:58:31 CST 2006

> 1> As said by bagawan krsna he is the supreme lord why shri shankara told
> to worship other gods such as Lord Shiva and Ganapati?

But where did Shri Krishna say that Shiva and Ganapathi are different from
Him? On the other hand we have "shivAya vishNu rUpAya shivarUpAya vishNave|
shivasya hRdayam vishNu vishNoshca hRdayam shivaH||" which means Shiva is
not different from Vishnu.

2>Here another question is when the person goes to loka to whom he worships
> then why Swami Vivekananda told that all path lead to one goal?

That all paths lead to one goal is to be taken in the proper context. Anyway
I am not sure where Vivekananda's quote  is mentioned in the bhAshyas
followed by advaitins.

Abhishek