[Advaita-l] advaitaanubhuti and aparokshanubhuti

Viswanathan viswanathann at al-hassan.com
Wed Mar 8 05:42:48 CST 2006

pranams & Welcome to shri. Krishna chaitanya

Let me try to put forth my littele understanding on advaitha....
first put aside all those jargans...like Is Advaitaanubhuti /
aparokshanubuti
Advaitha is fully logical philosophy and nothing else can be as clear and
neare to the truth.
Infact shastras/ guru and all can be like sign post leadng to the right
directions, but its you to do the quetioning / exploring yourself to reach
the ultimate goal. Its you ans You alone.

see whether you can understand the philosophy from this simili......

take a pot made of clay...like that millions /billions of pots all
over.....they are similar to we all living beings
the walls of the pot made of clay are our external appearance...including
our mind/ego combination
The air/ether inside each pot is what we call "Bhraman". Just observe and
realise....it is just ONE...everywhere and in every thing
beginningless and end less. It is the same in all the creatures....
But becaz of our ignorance we centre our consciousness on the mud wall and
not the inner content and indentify ourself with that
mud walls.  In the case of the pot,  the pot breaks often / the wall
dissolves in to the mud and takes shape of another pot, but this in no way
affected the innere ether any way it was there where it was and is. like
this our birth and death...is only to the external walls and due to
ignorance....But once you shift your consciousness from the walls to the
center....thats it... u know who u are...that u r never born or ever going
to die. This shift is called mukthi.

This is what I understand as the core of Advaitha thinking.....Balalnce all
poojas, punaskars are mere rituals to enable that shift to happen.
But unfortunately...people get struk there on the wy and take the means
itself to the end...thats the pity

This is my understanding of the real advaitha.....If i am wrong....may all
the learned pardon me.

Viswanathan