[Advaita-l] non-principal Upanishads

Viswanathan N vishy1962 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 05:44:46 CST 2006

Swami Rameshji

  If u can complete the top 10 of them, first read them and understand them
  fully. There itself you wud find that the base of all are same leading to
  "Tat Tvam Asi"....may be thru different fables/ discussions...
  so I feel no point in chasing 108....this is how we ended up doing aaradhanas/poojas for all devas, rather choosing Istadevatha and start
  meditating on to reach the goal

  sorry, if I have hurt your sentiments

Ramesh Krishnamurthy <rkmurthy at gmail.com> wrote:
  Thanks for the info. I have not yet completed one round of reading the
"big 10", so detailed studies of the others will have to wait.

What I would like to know is - is there a book/article/paper/website
that briefly describes the contents of each of the 108 Upanishads?

So far I have only come across sources (including Vidyasankar's site
www.advaita-vedanta.org) that classify the 108 into mukhya, sAmAnya,
yoga, shaiva, etc.

Vidyasankar-ji, in your website you have mentioned that there is an
overlap in content between the saMnyAsa and yoga Upanishad-s. So have
you undertaken any study of the same?

dhanyosmi
Ramesh

On 29/03/06, RAMESH RAMANAN wrote:

> The Upanishada Saaram published by Sri Ramakrishna Math is not one but a series of 8 volumes in Tamil (Sanskrit Text and Tamil translation) containing the essence of 108 upanishads.Pranams, Ramesh.

For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org