[Advaita-l] ends and not means

R Krishnamoorthy srirudra at gmail.com
Wed May 3 04:49:09 CDT 2006

Dear members
In my view either we should have absolute faith in the Vedas or our own views regarding certain issues like whether women and sudras can study Vedas.Study is not just reading but adhyayanam.For reasons best known Vedas have excluded women and sudras from studying them.If we are not able to find out what could be the reason we can at best keep quiet instead of speculating.The tradition has also so far upheld the Vedic position.Now the thread has outlived the purpose and is simply meandering.Even a new Advaita philosophy has come to be floated!We have digressed too far.R.Krishnamoorthy.