doubt on the role of shruti vAkyAs ( was Re: [Advaita-l] advaita and vedas)

m w all_discussions at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 22:27:24 CDT 2006

I was reading from your post Karthikji, that you sent as a link and found this:

  satyAnR^ite sukhaduHkhe vedaaniM lokamamuM cha parityajya aatmaanaM
anvichchhet.h .
"Truth and untruth, pleasure and pain, the Vedas, this world and the
next, renouncing (all these, the parivrAjaka saMnyAsin) shall seek the
Self."
             Well, I found this verse to be containing nearly all the wisdom and is capable of calming all the questions and answers....
  Karthikji, Can you please check if it is "lokamamuM." Or if you can separate the word as "sandhi viccheda." I couldn't separate it and see the actual meaning. If you are not able to find the source, it's ok. I was just curious.

  PraNAms
  Manish

expounded by RM) is emphasized in shruti and smR^iti. I had once
posted a reference at:

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2003-December/013172.html

Regards,

Kartik