[Advaita-l] Re: Brahman, Isvara, and VishishthAdvaita

Annapureddy Siddhartha Reddy annapureddy at gmail.com
Mon May 22 03:35:39 CDT 2006

Shree Siva Senani garu,
       Namaskaaramu. Thanks for your inputs on the issue of the notion of
Isvara.
>From your last post, I have a few more questions. I have not yet fully gone
through Sadanandaji's
explanations which render these questions irrelevant, but I felt it might be
useful to think about these
issues.

  Isvara is Brahman associated with maaya. Or the saguNa-brahman is Isvara.
> This Isvara creates the world and descends (avatarati) into it,
> paritraaNaaya sadhUnaam... and all that.
>
>   But, of course, none of this is Real Ultimately. It is all an illusion,
> and that illusion has elaborate rules, and detailed codes, and so on.
> Actually even as I write, my head is spining, but I believe that is what the
> theory is.

-- Here is one problem I see with this explanation. Why introduce any Isvara
to explain this
world? Maybe the combination of big-bang (or string theory) + evolution +
some other theories
is good-enough to explain why the world is the way it is.
-- Another problem is this assumption that Isvara has some special role for
humans in this world.
For example, all the creation theories which say that men descended from
Manu, when all evidence
seems to point to the evolution of men from apes.

Thanks.

A.Siddhartha.