[Advaita-l] BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 3 (Non-contradiction withother Vedantic texts)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 19 08:39:44 CST 2006

>Reconciling the JMV with Sankara's works
>The "reconciliation" meant here will NOT be in the sense of:
>   "This is exactly what Sankara says."
>
>Rather, it will take the form:
>   "This does not contradict Sankara's works."

This is a succint and well put statement. It ties in quite well with certain
themes I had planned to cover in the Yoga and Advaita Vedanta series.

In this light, I will rearrange my upcoming postings on that thread a bit
differently. I had planned to cover most of the gItAbhAshya references to
Yoga first and then move on to other upanishadbhAshya-s. However, since
bRhadAraNyaka bhAshya 1.4.7 and muNDAka bhAshya have been brought up in this
thread, my next posting on the Yoga and Advaita Vedanta thread will cover
these two texts, tying them in with upadeSasAhasrI and sureSvarAcArya's
naishkarmyasiddhi. I will return to gItAbhAshya after a couple of posts in
that thread.

Regards,
Vidyasankar