[Advaita-l] Re: Ishvara in advaita vEdAnta

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Nov 22 22:04:36 CST 2006

Thus, considering all these cases, it seems that the term Ishvara can
properly only be applied
when referring to the nirguNa brahma in the vyAvahArika world. Of course,
please let me know if there are other possibilities that I might have
missed.

praNAms Reddy prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, you are right Ishwara's qualities like omniscience, omnipotence etc.
etc. hold good only in the sphere of trasactional reality (vyAvahArika
satya).  Shankara himself confirms this in sUtra bhAshya.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar