[Advaita-l] A couple of clarifications

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 11 17:55:09 CDT 2006

There is no such person as a chief moderator of this list. We are a team of
moderators and we each just step in to the task, as and when the situation
demands it or as and when we have the time. Ravisankar Mayavaram deserves
the credit for getting this list going in the first place more than a decade
ago and Jaldhar Vyas for hosting the list and website at his personal
expense.

The advaita-l mailing list is distinct from the rest of the material on the
website at URL http://www.advaita-vedanta.org.

The mailing ist is participatory in nature and is open to all list members,
while the website has mostly static content that has been written by a few
authors.

Jaldhar is the host and webmaster of the website, while I am the author of
only the content within http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/avhp. These are
distinct roles from our being moderators of the advaita-l mailing list and
there is other content on the website, which is featured with proper credits
to the respective authors and contact persons.

I trust the distinction is clear to all members of the list.

Regards,
Vidyasankar