[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Michael Chandra

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Oct 30 10:33:46 CST 2006

Respectful Greetings to all members of Advaita-L,

     It is with great pleasure that I submit my introduction to this list
with its votaries of the worthy and noble ideals of advaita vedanta. In
keeping with the administrator's request, I will be brief.

     In 1968, at the age of 21, I met Swami Vishnudevanandaji and joined
the Sivanandashram in Val Morin, PQ Canada. I remained a devoted student
for the next 17 years eventually being initiated into the order of sannyas
(standards of which I no longer maintain) by Swami Vishnuji. In the mid
1980s, I traveled to India and studied Advaita intensely for one year
under the tutelate of the late Swami Brahmanandaji of the Divine Life
Society Rishikesh, India. Returning to US, I continued my resident studies
with Swami Dayanandaji in Pennsylvania at the Arsha Vidya Pitham. SInce
then I did some graduate studies at Columbia University and have been,
until recently, teaching Hinduism and Eastern Religions at Hunter College,
NYC. I am currently living upstate NY.

     I look forward to reading, learning  and possibly contributing to future
postings.

     Namaskars,
     MIchael Chandra