[Advaita-l] Re: paJNchAyatana pUja

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 07:39:17 CDT 2006

Re: Venkateshvara. Is he anything other than nArAyaNa himself? What is
the need for a separate pramANa?

Re: indra. Who said he is lower than shiva or vishhNu? The yoga
vasshiShTha clearly says that episodes involving brahma, etc are not
to be interpreted as meaning that they are ignorant. Sankaraananda, a
very early writer, says that Ishvara can be worshiped in any form
"sivam vaa viShNum vaa api indram anyam vaa". That should be quite
clear. Don't buy into amar chitra katha comic versions of indra,
vaayu, etc., and think that they are just a bunch of ignorant jokers.

Rama