[Advaita-l] RE: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 41, Issue 28

K.Sankarasubramanian(Finance/TVS-E) k.sankarasubramanian at tvs-e.in
Fri Sep 29 00:02:42 CDT 2006

To Sri Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian

One small doubt.. You are referring to "1200 years" which I believe is
related to Adi Sankara's life time (founder of Advaita sastras)... But I
find that Sri Adi Sankara was born at Kaladi on Vaisaka sukla-panchami
of the cyclic year Nandana - Kali 2593 corresponding to 509 B.C.
(reference in kamakoti.org website)

This means about "2500 years" for all your references.. Can you please
tell me which is correct - 1200 years or 2500 years

Please help and guide us

KSS/29.09.2006