[Advaita-l] ADMIN - Some Posting Guidelines

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 16:56:07 CDT 2007

Dear Members,

1. Number of posts per day: (2 per day per member)

Please restrict the number of messages you post to the list to two per day .

We have over 300 members in our list. Even though only a small
percentage post to the list, limiting yourself to two will give others
a chance to read carefully, think,  and respond to your messages.

2. Subject Lines

In brief: Keep them short and appropriate. Do not change it unless the
subject changes.

a) Do not include other members' names in the subject line (exceptions are
administrative messages).

b) Keep the subject line short (less than 100 characters)

c) If you are changing the subject line to start a new thread.  Please
keep the subject line short and do not include the old subject name as
with a prefix
"was regarding ...". Instead use the first few lines of your message
to explain why you changed the subject line.

d) When replying to a digest be considerate enough to edit the subject
line to original one. Using a subject line such as "Re: Advaita-l
Digest, Vol 47, Issue 4" is not acceptable and it is quite annoying.

e) Here are some examples of subject lines that can be avoided. We have
encountered these in the recent past, and would like to see them improved.

http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2007-March/019117.html
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2007-April/019328.html
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2007-April/019331.html

On behalf of the list moderators,