[Advaita-l] Some rebellious remarks on Sri SSS

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 07:07:50 CDT 2007

>Anyway, it seems strange that we are discussing only
>some sections of a paper that is on someother site.

Dear Smt Devaraj,

As you may be aware, in several threads over the last few months,
Ramakrishnan had mentioned that he was preparing this paper. We are
discussing it on the list simply because it is not irrelevant for the aims
and purpose of the list.

The decision to put up the paper on his own site, instead of hosting it on
our website or posting the entire content to the list is driven by a few
factors, (a) author's choice, (b) size constraints and (c) convenience. As
you can see, he is further editing the paper as the discussion progresses on
the list.

As a general request to all participants, please keep your equanimity and
enter into the discussion. No matter how frustrating or annoying it seems,
and I'm sure both Bhaskar and Rama feel these, please do not let it out in
public. This will both help maintain decorum on the list and help each of us
to develop self-control and patience.

After all, we will have not even taken the first step towards really
qualifying for vedAnta study, if we do not develop Sama, dama, titikShA,
uparati etc.

Best regards,
Vidyasankar