[Advaita-l] Comments on section 3

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 14:30:15 CDT 2007

Dear Sri Prem,

As usual, you have given some food for thought. Thanks. It's a good
suggestion to include material regarding the eternality of sruti. In
foot-note 33, I had claimed that I will discuss that issue in a future
publication (meaning that I'll never get to it :-)). I realized that
this was important, but seemed like too much stuff to put in this
paper. I'll think over the week-end on how to summarize Sankaras
position.

I loved your statement:

>   - sruti is non-personal in its vastness of scope, yet inner to the individual.

I have never heard it said better!

Rama