[Advaita-l] Audio of sandhyavandana mantras for dakSiNa Andhra sampradAya yajur veda

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 23:26:37 CDT 2007

Sri Chandrasekhar

In all the leading music stores of Hyderabad, we do find cassettes / CDs on sandhyavandanam; I am unable to recollect the name of the gentleman who has recited it but it is the standard one which is very similar to the version taught to me (I am a vaidIka velanATi, follower of the Krishna Yajus SAkha and the Apastamba sUtra, and of the lineage of sage Harita) and is infact our standard gift for the upanIta. One section deals with the ritual linearly, with  explanation in English and the second part contains the vedic mantras used in sandhyavandanam with svara; since the gentleman who recited this is also a sangIta vidvAn, he has recited the mantras at a slower tempo (tALa) making it easy to get the correct pronounciation. There is not a single word broken incorrectly.

The book on Sandhyavandanam in Telugu script and with explanation in Telugu published by Sri Rama Book Depot, Secunderabad, we found, is the best written form to accompany the cassette.

Regards
Senani