[Advaita-l] Importance of Ashram

Sanjay Srivastava sksrivastava68 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:29:10 CST 2007

Anuj:

I will second what Ramesh said and will advise you to do some independent
background research on the organization and the swami before making full
time commitment. The information you gain through an organization's website
or through his committed disciples is not independent verification. If I had
to make this decision, I would prefer to talk to his mates from his earlier
days or people who know him independent of his vedanta background. I can
give you off-line email addresses of some of the people who were at
Sandipani at the time Swami Parthasarathy was a student there. You may get
different but valuable perspective from such people. I cannot assure you if
they will respond to your queries, but it is definitely a worth try if you
are thinking of full time commitment.

praNAm