[Advaita-l] Importance of Ashram

jagannathan mahadevan jagannathan.mahadevan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:51:54 CST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 7:17 AM, Karthik Subramanian <karthikvathula at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   @Jagan
>
>   >> For all that you know the sringeri swamiji may not even admit someone that is not a brahmana or not done veda adhyayana <<
>
>   What makes you so sure about this?

I am not sure, but I have not heard otherwise very often.

>   >> HH Chandrasekhara Bharathi swamigal himself has said that advaita cannot be taught but only experienced. In one of the quotes he mentions to an aspirant that he may at best clarify some grammar of the vedic texts but cannot teach advaita. <<
>
>   Isn't there any extent to interpret the words of a world-renowned Jivanmukta in a literal way?

I apologize, but I did not misinterpret. I was only trying to say that
individual experience is important and that determines who one chooses
to be with.

>   HH Chandrashekhara Bharathi need not had to utter a word. Just a brief glance of his conferred the highest knowledge on several people.

I will agree undoubtedly, although I would like to say that it must be
an experience of the devotee of HH who felt that way after the
interaction with HH.