[Advaita-l] Re: BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

Ravi Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 18:07:58 CST 2007

savithri devaraj <savithri_devaraj at ...> writes:

> --- S Jayanarayanan <sjayana at ...> wrote:
>
> > I was wondering whether or not to write this, but
> > anyway, here goes.
> >

> Well, then you shouldn't have!
> Here we go again...
> Where is the relationship between Satchidanandendra
> Saraswathi Swamiji and this thread? Why not blame him
> for the bad weather also then?

namaste Savithriji,

I agree with you that using all caps was unnecessary and rude.

United Nations Climate Report (on 5th page) cites heated debates that happen in
vedanta circles as one of the leading causes for global warming :-)) Al gore has
even requested us to use some portions of our archives for his next
documentary!! We are not that far away from weather :-))

I think bringing in SSS was not that disconnected. At least I expected it to
come up  because it is quite relevant some of the recent discussions. But it
should have been done respectfully.

> Just for future information, Satchidanandendra Swamiji
> didn't come up with sadhana catushtaya sampattih
> pre-requisites for jnana marga. I thought people who
> participated here know better than that.

This process is nonlinear. Anyone following patanjali's raja yoga will know that
only an accomplished yogi can perfectly follow yama and niyama. Rarely you will
find a beginner who meets the prerequisites of sAdhana chatuShTaya. But this
high standard is set to indicate that to attain a perfect/steady Atmaj~nAna one
has to ultimately meet these standards.

With best wishes,
Ravi