[Advaita-l] RE: Advaita vEdAnta - Unit (11)

Krishnamurthy Ramakrishna puttakrishna at verizon.net
Tue Feb 6 10:59:18 CST 2007

PraNAms,
time.
Brahman and jIva are not two different entities. We have not covered
jIva yet; this could be the cause of confusion for some; We will see
this when we come to understand jIva.
Suppose for argument sake, there is a first creation, per Shri Manian's
logic.
What is the basis for the existence of jIvas? There is no past karma;
so every jIva created is a fully realized jIVa - a replica of Brahman?
A realized jIva has escaped the cycle of births and deaths. So what does
this birth of a realized jIva mean? If it is for dharma samsthApana
(establishment of dharma),every jIva is a realized soul; so where is the
need for establishment of dharma?
First creation thus violates the nitya - ever present characteristic of
Brahman.

Besides if there were no plants and animals, how is life possible?
"jIvO jIvasya jIvanam - life of one jIva is facilitated  by another jIva"
So how is life possible without food chain. So the first creation cannot
be explained. As much as anAdi- beginningless time is beyond our
comprehension, first creation is not explainable. All the three philosophies
- dvaita, vishiShTadvaita and advaita are on the same page on this.

Hari OM
K. Ramakrishna.