[Advaita-l] BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Feb 9 03:34:26 CST 2007

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I would like to know whether there is any difference between gyAni mAtra
and hiraNyagrabhOpAsaka-s??  why I am asking this question is I've found
references in sUtra bhAshya that shankara seems to  imply that these brahmA
(hiraNyagarbha) upasaka-s as
bramavida-s/brahmavits/saMyagdarshi/brahmajnAni...While talking about the
result of brahmOpAsana shankara says the mode of graduated departure of the
upAsaka-s as same as ordinary persons but he will take the path of gods
(dEvayAna) and reaches brahmalOka to get amrutatva...Here, subsequent
objection with respect to amrutatva (immortality)  & shankara's answer to
that are very interesting...But first I wanted to know whether I can
interpret jnAnimAtra as hiraNyagarbhOpAsaka??

Sri Vidyashankara prabhuji..any help on this???

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar