[Advaita-l] Reconciling current research with Advaitic theory of mind

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 04:44:37 CST 2007

Pranams Amuthan:

Thanks for your reply! It was very informative and did highlight points of
Advaita I was not familiar with viz. the subject of objectless cognition.

However, my point is slightly different. While the stage you refer to is to
be reached by a sadhaka on his or her way to realization, I was more
concerned with the way Advaita fundamentally defines the mind viz. as having
an 'independent' existence from the body.