[Advaita-l] SSS and Panchapadika (was Re: SSS and bhAmatI)

Raghavendra Hebbalalu hs_raghavendra at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 03:42:13 CST 2007

namaste,

Please note that translations are being used to
compare the original works at the level of words. (
Discussing whether "removed" should be used or
"abolished", for instance)

I am sure everybody here knows that "The method of the
vedanta" is an English translation (By AJ Alston) of
the original Skt. vedAntaprakriyApratyabhijnA and that
is the work from which these quotes are being
produced.

Instead of speculation about what words were used,to
be fair to both the panchapAdikA and the pratyabhijnA,
I think it would be better if the originals in
question were discussed. The original words used by
the authors could then be used rather than relying
upon possibly imperfect translations, especially in
sections such as these.

Sorry for the interruption. Please continue the
discussion.

Regards,
-Raghavendra