[Advaita-l] Re: BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 24 09:27:52 CST 2007

>* nididhyaasana is not actually meditation on  this knowledge.  brahman is
>not
>going to be revealed by such a (repeated) meditation, if it was not
>revealed
>before. nididhyAsana is constant warding or holding of viparyaya or
>incorrect
>knowledge, such as jagat is real and so on.

There is a very pithy verse in naishkarmyasiddhi on this -

niyamaH parisaMkhyA vA vidhy artho 'pi bhaved yataH |
anAtmA-adarSananena eva parAtmAnam upAsmahe ||

Whether one takes the meaning of the upanishad (e.g. vijnAya prajnAM kurvIta
etc.) as a niyama vidhi (limiting injunction) or a parisaMkhyA vidhi
(excluding injunction), only through not seeing (adarSana) the not-Self
(anAtma) do we worship (upAsmahe) the supreme Self (parAtmAnam).

Regards,
Vidyasankar