[Advaita-l] Re: Vaiyaasika-nyaaya-maalaa

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:22:33 CST 2007

One detail that I forgot to mention: The VNM has a vyaakhyaanaa by
Srimad Bhaaratii tiirtha Svaamina.h himself. The notes by JBS are
based on this. Only the verse parts are available in Sanskrit, the
vyAkhyaana has not been published here.

The published book has a shrImukham from the current head of Srigeri
Matha, also name Sri Bhaaratii Tirtha.

Rama

On 1/23/07, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com> wrote:
> The vaiyaasika-nyaaya-maala (VNM) is a book written by Srimad
> Bhaaratii Tiirtha Svaamina.h, who was the pIThAdipati of the Sringeri
> MaTha, just before the great VidyaaraNya. He was also Sri VidyaaraNyas
> younger brother in their puurvaashrama. So, Srimad Bhaaratii Tiirtha
> Svaamina.h was the 11th pIThAdipati of the Sringeri Matha.

[ ... ]