Raman Maharshi (was Re: RES: [Advaita-l] New member introduction:AsadMustafa Rizvi)

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 23:05:16 CST 2007

And what is advaita if not a jnana marga to Self-realisation. There is
no need to see "shades" of advaita in Ramana - what he taught was
Advaita and nothing else.

Answering the question "who am I" i.e. Atma-vichara, is a fundamental
teaching of advaita-vedAnta. Saying that Ramana taught advaita is no
way tantamount to reducing the form to the shadow. Needless to say, I
agree emphatically with Rama on this count.