[Advaita-l] Discussion on Vairagya

Dr. V. Prasanna Shrinivas vpshri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:57:35 CDT 2007

In prapanna giitaa it is said

jAnAmi dharmaM na cha me pravRRitti jAnAmyadharmaM na cha me nivRRitti.
tvayA hRRishiikesha hRRidi sthitena yathA niyuktaH asmi tathA karomi..

Lord! Intellectually I know what virtue is but I cannot practice it. I
know what vice is but have no power to resist it. O Lord of the
senses! You dwelt in my heart and I will do as you impel me to do.

Though intellectually one (mis)understands tatva, one is at the
disposal of the guru to really realize it.

Sadguro Saranam