[Advaita-l] Brief speech in Sanskrit

Ajit Krishnan ajit.krishnan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 08:52:05 CDT 2007

namaste,

Please take a look at the activities of Samskrita Bharati. They teach
samskritam though samskritam, starting with listening (shravaNam) and
speaking (sambhAShaNam).[1] Results are visible from day 1, and the
process is enjoyable. In short order, you dive into the grammar as
well. Samskrita Bharati activities have spread to most of India, and
parts of the US. After some time with their method, you should have no
problem conversing in Samskritam, or giving speeches on the topic of
your choice.

http://samskrita-bharati.org

[1] This is the way every other language is taught. The Samskritam
world is the only one I know of to put so much emphasis on the
grammar-translation method. A vast portion of grammar learning comes
very naturally in a language as you try to speak it.

samskRitena sambhAShaNam kuru.
jIvanasya parivartanam kuru.

bhavadIyaH,

        ajit