[Advaita-l] Discussion on Advaitha vedanta Sri N. Srikanta

Guy Werlings werlings.guy at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 25 09:31:04 CDT 2007

Dear SrI Srikanta,
Thank you for your kind message :
----- Original Message -----
From: <srikanta at nie.ac.in>
To: <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 11:57 AM
Subject: [Advaita-l] Discussion on Advaitha vedanta

> This is with reference to  sri.Guy Werling's Email on the Mandukya
> Upanishad and the Karikas.
> Dear Sir,Pranams.
> I request you to kindly forgive me for the tone of my Email on the above
> topic.What I was referring to in my Email was the various points on the
> above topic.Sorry If I have offended you with my above Email.
> Thanking You,                                       with regards
>                                                    N.Srikanta.

As a fact, there is nothing to forgive. Here I may quote not from any
vEdAnta text but from Mr Jack Crenshaw who wrote humorously but rather
truly: "It seems patently obvious that being offended is a state of mind of
the offendee, not the offender. I can make all my best efforts to keep from
offending someone, but does this guarantee that they won't be offended? Of
course not. In the end, I have no control over whether they are offended or
not, because their state of mind is their state of mind, not mine. It's
pretty obvious that someone who is determined to be offended can be so,
regardless of how far we go to prevent it".
Let us forget about these previous discussions and be friends and brothers
in the sanAtana dharma.
With warm and respectful regards,
Guy W.