SSS and Madhva (was Re: [Advaita-l] Review of MarthaDoherty'scomments on Sri Satchidanandendra Sarasvati)

Sankaran Aniruddhan sankaran_aniruddhan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 11:11:12 CST 2007

namaste,

  Of course, Sri SS had strong views on certain sections of the tradition, and he may be wrong on those points. However, I think it is a bit harsh to term Sri SS an asampradAyavit. First of all, my guess is that most of us will not really be part of the orthodox sampradaya (in an official guru-ziSya kind of way) - therefore we are not in a position to make blanket statements like this. Second, if the situation were really this extreme, we wouldn't have favourable comments from svAmi abhinava vidyatIrtha et al about Sri SS. Of course, this is just my opinion on the issue.

  Aniruddhan

Sruti smRti purANAnAm Alayam karuNAlayam
namAmi bhagavatpAda Sam.karam lokaSam.karam