Sringeri and Sureshvara (was Re: [Advaita-l] On recent mails thelist has seen)

Stig Lundgren slu at bredband.net
Fri Mar 2 13:03:20 CST 2007

Dear Rama,

> Stig and others brought up in the SSS school,
>
> Please, please, please, stop misunderstanding the position of the
> vivaraNa and bhAmatI in the advaita sampradaaya. Enough already! Both
> are held to be *equally* valid.

I did not in any way put in question the validity of Bhamati or Vivarana. I
can assure you thereĀ“s no reason to get upset! My question is NOT connected
to the arguments and discussions held on this list the last few days. My
question has nothing to do with putting in question any kind of advaitic
approach, wheter Bhamati, Vivarana or otherwise.

Moreover, the claim that Sringeri teaches according to Bhamati was mentioned
on this list by another member earlier today (see the quote in the mail from
me that you responded to). Actually, I have heard this been said before too
(not from any followers of SSS, though -- I guess I better mention that
before causing any further upset emotions...).

Warmest regards
Stig Lundgren