A Myth About Sankara (was Re: [Advaita-l] jnAna-vijnAna, ...)

K Kathirasan NCS kkathir at ncs.com.sg
Thu Mar 15 04:13:15 CDT 2007

Namaste Bhaskarji,

Txs for sharing the teachings of Shankara so beautifully in this post
and the earlier ones. I am re-quoting a portion of your reply to
Kartikji. I am of the opinion that the thrust of your argument lies in
this quote:

<quote>

bhaskarji :

If kritopasti is the jnAni & his jnAna= mukti then he is not at all a
*student/sAdhaka/jignAsu/mumukshu...he is brahman itself..since
a-kritopasti has not yet gained that paramArtha jnAna, he has to put
further efforts to attain that highest jnAna.  But once that knowledge
of
ultimate is dawned & has become one with THAT, he need not have to put
further efforts (vidhi-s) to *cement* IT...

<unquote>

Warmest Regards,
Kathirasan K