[Advaita-l] Reply to Bhaskerji's explanation of SSS introduction to S.B with regards to Mrs Savitri Devaraj's article

srikanta at nie.ac.in srikanta at nie.ac.in
Fri Mar 16 01:20:19 CDT 2007

Dear Bhaskerji
I am fully familiar with SSS introduction to S.B.The terms varana and
viksepa are only tentative terms pedagogical in nature.There are
difference of views regarding Vivarana and the Bhamati school regarding
this.Shankara himself in his Adhyasa bhasya says that the avidya or Ajnana
is 'naisargika and all pramanas are avidya only.But what I am asking is
How does that "Ajnana"occur instead of going into the solution of removing
"Ajnana".Saying that the real nature of the nacre is got only if the
misconception of silver is removed is one thing and to say that the siver
is misconceived due to not seeing the real nature of the nacre is
another.Both are true logically true.I was mentioning this with regard to
her article.
                            Hari Om tatsat.           N.Srikanta.