[Advaita-l] On the parakAyapraveSa legend about Sankara

Dr. Yadu Moharir ymoharir at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 22:29:24 CDT 2007

Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Seeing the entire story,on the whole looks ridiculous and devoid of
>truth.what do the protagonists of this story want to establish?They are
>doing more discredit to Sankara than glorifying him.

  Namste:

  This discussion reminds me of two wonderful quotes:

  Regards,

  Dr. Yadu

  “When a thing is new, people say: ‘It is not true.’
Later, when its truth becomes obvious, they say: ‘It is not important.’
Finally, when its importance cannot be denied, they say:
'Anyway, it is not new.’”

--William James (1842-1910)

    All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;