[Advaita-l] RE: On the parakAyapraveSa legend about Sankara

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Mar 27 23:57:42 CDT 2007

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidyashankar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

When my master Sri vidya starts speaking,  normally I shall shut my
mouth...But this time I am daring to share my thoughts with him...Sri Vidya
prabhuji, kindly pardon me my *uddhatathana*...

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

And from the mAdhavIya Sankaravijaya text (whoever its author may be), it
is very apparent that the author knows advaita vedAnta very deeply and
champions its philosophy. Don't you think he would have thought through all
the supposed ramifications of the story?

bhaskar :

prabhuji, kindly pardon me, IMHO, in his over enthu, the author of
mAdhavIya might have ignored the counter consequences of these episodes in
shankara's biography...Otherwise, how can he declare shankara enjoyed
*brahmAnanda* in sex that too to the extent of forgetting his own jnAni
nature!!

Sri Vidya prabhuji:

The brahmajnAnI can seemingly act in ways that violate ordinary norms.
There is no dosha here, because he has transcended the stage where one
worries "kim ahaM sAdhu na akaravam? kim ahaM pApam akaravam?"

bhaskar :

Yes, there is no karmabhandhana for the jnAni since he does not have any
identification with BMI...but this is not the excuse & does not anyway mean
that he can do anything that he want!!  jnAni when he was in the stage of
mumukshu itself he renounces both dharma & adharma...in that circumstance,
how can he after becoming brahma jnAni engage in an activity which is
against his *yati dharma*??  Nobody wants to eat poisonous food even when
he is starving to death, then how can we expect one will eat poisonous food
even after having a sumptuous food...not even an idiot does that !!! ..how
can a jnAni even after experiencing *ultimate* Ananda can indulge himself
in *khshaNika kAma sukha*??  In upadEsha sAhasri poem section shankara
beautifully says this : yO hi tasmAdviraktaH syAt nAsau tasmai pravartate!
lOkatrayAtviraktvatvAt mumukshuH kimitIhatE!! kshudhayA peedyamAnOpi na
vishaM hyattumicchati! mishtaannadhvasthatrudhjAnannA
mUdhasthajjighatsati!!

Humble praNAms onceagain
Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!