A Myth About Sankara (was Re: [Advaita-l] jnAna-vijnAna, ...)

malathy shubha21 at sancharnet.in
Fri Mar 30 04:28:37 CDT 2007

Dear Members
Iagree with what Sri Shyam tries to put forth.He is only emphasising the
fact that we are not competent enough to interpret Sruti in the light of our
modern outlook however best we may claim that we are still conservatives.Sri
Sankara has been accepted as the paramachrya  of the advaitha vedantha and
the guruparampara continues to this day.If someone tries to say that The
great Acharya has erred in an interpretation of a Sruthi vakya eventhough
he-someone- may agree in all other respects of Acharya`s interpretations it
is not for us to debate it    as in that process we are bound to take sides
because of our ego and lose sight of the supreme goal.I think this is what
Shyam tries to put across.R.Krishnamoorthy.