[Advaita-l] FW: Kingpin status of anubhava - mistaken or out ofcontext (was re:

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Mon May 7 07:26:38 CDT 2007

On 5/6/07, bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
> I am sorry, I don't understand this.
> It says the first edition came out in 1996. The talks
> wers conducted by Swamiji in 1966 in Davanagere, he
> wrote his book in Kannada after the series of 21
> talks. The translator Mr.D.B.Gangolli translated and
> published this in English in 1996 for the first time.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Yes, this translated  English book *The Basic Tenets of Shankara Vedanta*
> was originally  written in Kannada language under the title * shankara
> vEdAntada mUla tattvagaLu* by Swamiji which is inturn a compilation work of
> swamiji's discourses  before & during shankara jayanti celebrations in the
> year 1966. Section-6 of Paper on SSS has somany baseless allegations  like
> this with regard to Swamiji's authorship of books, Swamiji's education, his
> bhAshya shAnti, his Western educational background, Swamy  jnAnaprasUnendra
> Saraswati's rivalry maTha in Mattur  etc. etc...let us not discuss those
> junk material here...

Dear Bhaskar,

What is the connection between section 6 and Gangollis book in the
Digital library? You just can't keep from personal attacks, can you?
No problem, I'll just ignore it and attribute it your basic training
by ISKCON :-). The joke is that I had asked the list-members not to
discuss section 6, and Bhaskar very kindly keeps bringing it up in
completely irrelevant contexts :-).

BTW, I use the book by Gangolli (not the biography) a single time in
the entire paper regarding anubhava. No problem, I'll find some
equivalent quote and push this to the foot-note section! Apparently we
have list-members who know SSS better than the kaaryalaya authorities.
Absolutely no problem at all, I can accommodate them :-).

Rama