[Advaita-l] Fw: How shruti is antya pramANa in advaita vEdAnta??

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 09:07:16 CDT 2007

praNAms.

My response on Sri Bhaskar's original post was somehow not picked up by the list; now Sri Bhaskar has replied to my response. I am reproducing the whole thing for the convenience of members who might be interested, and also summarising it for the majority who would not be interested that keenly.

He then clarifies that he did not say that one should verify Sruti out of mistrust (I think he has), that SSS does not hold that "the vEdic declaration would require subsequent verification by some other accepted means of right knowledge" (fair enough) and that it is not Sri Bhaskar's stand that "*after* reading & understanding  shruti we have to go to some other place to do something else to realize its truth!!"

The above led me to conclude that Sri Bhaskar and I agree on the fact that the word of Vedas is final, does not require any further investigation or verification. To me, it then follows that only SrutyanugrihIta tarka can be used, not anubhavA~Nga tarka.

Regards
Senani

My present response starts with two asterisks, in the post below.