[Advaita-l] Fwd: SSS, avidyA, shrI Ramakrishnan

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu May 24 12:42:14 CDT 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007, Anand Hudli wrote:

> Rama wrote:
>
>> It is insulting, to say the least. No amounts of praNaams, or
>> appelllations of shrI before my name >can substitute for this outright
>> insult.
>
> I have been observing how certain people resort to personal attacks under
> the garb of showing respect. Instead of "flaming", familiar to discussion
> group members, which is openly hostile and insulting, this trick of
> masking the personal attack with apparent respect, conveyed by words such
> as praNAms, prubhuji, etc., has been perfected by some.

Or maybe Bhaskar was just being polite did you consider that?  Quite
frankly the peevishness and lack of vinaya of those who claim to be
defending Advaita siddhanta seems more of an "outright insult" than the
use of salutations.

It's a shame. We moderators shouldn't have to take drastic steps, but
posters will be banned unless they can learn to express their views with
civility.  Vigor and resolve are fine.  Personal attacks are not.